Thursday, April 15, 2010

To Become More Worldly

One of my goals in life is to one day become more "worldly".

I didn't do what a lot of people in my age group did in their 20's and spend their time travelling the world, taking advantage of the minimal responsibilities required at that age. Instead, I made the choice to work and go to school - and my choice in schools happened to be one that was in session year round, rather than on the semester system, which pretty much eliminated my chance of travelling, since for the two weeks I had between quarters was spent working.

But I digress. Now that I'm in my 30's, I'd like to rectify that choice and travel. I spend a lot of my free time researching where I could go and what I could experience. I'm clueless to the world - I'm an American girl to the core and have no clue how to go about travelling outside my great US of A. I can road trip with the best of them, but when it comes to other cultures and languages and currency, I'm lost.

I do have my first foreign trip scheduled in September. I will be going to Costa Rica with my husband and some friends. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also scared. I'm sure once I get into the swing of things, I'll be just fine.

I've caught the travel bug from my dear friends Rob and Becky, who are travel connoisseurs and I'll be forever thankful for them awakening this new desire inside of me.  They're the best travel companions in the world.

My dear friend, Rob (left) and my sweet hubs (right) in Costa Rica in March of 2010.  Photo courtesy of Rob Knight and http://www.dphotoa.com.

2 comments:

jeremy_campbell said...

This is very exciting!!

Unknown said...

Indeed! I can't wait!