Friday, April 16, 2010

Grenkol

Not long ago, mine and sweet hubs friend, Ty, started a company called Grenkol.  Ty and his business partner, Brian, who share a love for woodworking, came together and make beautifully modern, yet natural furniture and home accessories.  I love their sustainable design and clean, modern lines.

In their own words:

"Grenkol is a furniture/product design studio based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We work through modern shapes to create products truly unique to themselves. Our goal is to inspire space and environments with sustainable design approaches. We invite you to come see what we have made for you."

I'm particularly in love with their Domino Lamp series. I see myself owning one in the near future.

If you're in the NY/NJ area and want to check out their beautiful work in person, you can catch them tomorrow, April 17th at the "Not Yo Mama's Craft Fair" in Jersey City, NJ.

Visit their website: http://www.grenkol.com
Become a fan on Facebook.
Check out their Etsy shop.

All images courtesy of Grenkol.




















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you had a blog til just now! This furniture is cool though. My friend Matt in Toronto creates some lighting fixtures that remind me of the one there:

http://makergo.com/shutup/?p=2644
http://makergo.com/shutup/?p=2509

Unknown said...

Hah yes ma'am! :)

Your friend's stuff is neat! I love his bedroom re-do! I'm a big fan of gray walls. Wish we could paint ours gray.