Sunday, September 26, 2010

Some Examples of Beautiful Motion from and for HBO

I've been seeing some really beautiful promos and advertisements lately on television - mainly from HBO. Out of all the premium movie networks, HBO still ranks my favorite for original programming.

Has anyone caught Boardwalk Empire? I LOVE it - even though there's only been one episode so far (Episode 2 airs tonight) - I was instantly charmed. The set design, the vintage signage and the costumes and of course the cast - are all perfection. If you haven't caught it or don't know what I'm talking about, here's the series promo:

Boardwalk Empire Series Premiere Promo (HBO) from you_want_elvis on Vimeo.


Here's a beautiful and very elegant promo, again from HBO, for their 2010/2011 Upcoming Programming. I love the visual effects on this one:



And one more HBO goodie: This one was a concept for a new brand identity for HBO titled "Unexpected", which was created by a VFX/design studio called Umeric and directed by Ash Bolland. This one is very organic but at the same time has a very whimsical and magical quality to it. It's simply stunning. I would love to see this one make it onto HBO. Beautiful job, guys.

HBO 'Unexpected' from Umeric on Vimeo.

0 comments: