Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer's A-Windin' Down!

It's true. We're now into the last days of August, so this past weekend, sweet hubs, Christina and I decided to make the most of the mini-heatwave and hit up Coney Island for some beachy fun and also so I could play with my new camera.

It was surprisingly un-crowded, especially since it was such a beautiful day! We spent time wandering on the board walk, exploring Luna Park (the new park) and what's left of Astroland and Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park (the old parks), said hello to Lola Star at her namesake shop, Lola Star and peeked into the gift shop of the Coney Island Circus Sideshow. Oh yeah, and stuck our feet into the chilly Atlantic Ocean. I adore Coney Island.

I was quite excited on the train to Coney Island. 

We visited the gift shop, but intend to actually attend the show in a few weeks since we didn't get to go on Saturday.  I'm excited!

The Coney Island boardwalk.

The "chefs" of the Coney Island boardwalk.

"Shoot the Freak" - always a Coney Island classic.

Apparently Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park has been around for 90 years!

CREEPY Michael Jackson dolls that you can win at Luna Park.  Yikes.

The new Luna Park.

Christina was happy to be at the beach.  (I think!)

As was i.

Sweet hubs enjoys drinking beer on the beach.











Sadly, this was my first trip to the beach this summer. Kind of pathetic since I live a 20 minute train ride from Coney Island, but that's alright. I'll do better next summer.

View more photos here.

0 comments: