Monday, August 16, 2010

A New Apartment Calls for an Inspiration Board! (Part 3: Bathroom Design)

Onto the third installment of inspiration boards and design for the new apartment: the bathroom!

I'll admit - I always like a somewhat girlie bathroom.  I just can't help it.  In the room which I make myself pretty, I need it to FEEL pretty too.  It helps make my morning a little brighter.  Not much to say about it except I kept the colors bright and clean feeling (always important in a bathroom!) and tried to not make it TOO girly so that sweet hubs will be happy with it too.  Sweet hubs and I love the vintage feel of the bathroom, so we wanted to play up the black and white tile floors and the vintage fixtures, but find accessories that blended in with them.

Progress wise for the rest of the apartment, this past weekend was spent finishing the last bit of painting and LOTS of unpacking, so hopefully we'll be finished getting all set up soon.  It's definitely starting to feel like home, which is nice.

Here we go!



(Clockwise: Behr "Ice Folly" - 1 qt. of paint, Lenox Chirp Shower Curtain, Wamsutta Palace Classic Bath Accessory Collection, Ikea Grundtal Glass Shelves)

0 comments: