Monday, May 10, 2010

Out of the loop!

Well, I've been a bit out of the loop the last week due to allergies/sinus/cold issues.  All around good times, if you consider drowning in tissues, Alavert and nasal spray to be fun.  ;)

Anyhow, just a little tid bit that I found today and figured I'd share courtesy of one of my favorite shops, Flight 001. I adore these travel labels!


Here are some of our favorites from Tom Schifanella’s collection of luggage labels. Take a long look at his incredible flickr stream.

Description from his profile:

Luggage labels are fascinating bits of hotel history from the golden age of travel, roughly the 1900’s to 1960’s. During this time these labels were used by hotels as advertising and eagerly applied to steamer trunks, suitcases and all sorts of luggage by hotel staff, mainly bellhops.

It’s almost hard to believe there was a time when travel looked this good. Let’s revive the golden age!


For the original post, click here.

0 comments: