Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Goodbye Red Hook, Hello Kensington!

Well, its official - sweet hubs and I are giving up our cute 1 bedroom apartment in Red Hook and hiking it over to the other side of the BQE (The Brooklyn-Queens Expressway for those of you not down with the NYC native lingo) to beautiful Kensington.

While I'm sad to be leaving the familiarity of Red Hook, as well as our cute apartment, I'm thrilled to be moving back closer to Prospect Park and having A LOT more space as well as being on a train line again, rather than having to take a bus to the train.  I'm also pretty stoked that we will have A POOL!  Yes, that's right - our building has a pool.

Anyhow, we've simply outgrown our sweet little Red Hook nest. (Speaking of, if anyone's interested in moving to Red Hook and you're looking for a cute and affordable 1 bedroom apartment, shoot me an email and I'll give you our landlord's contact info!)

So that's our big news for today. Now, we must begin packing up our apartment for our August 1st move date.

Here are some photos of Kensington, Brooklyn, courtesy of multiple photographers on Flickr.



Kensington, Brooklyn: 316 Caton Avenue

Brooklyn, Don't Walk

Brooklyn, Still raining, Still dreaming

Brooklyn, Show your hand

On a cold day, the Masters of Chess battle for supremacy on Ocean Parkway  [016/365]

Default OASIS Neighborhood Map for Kensington, Brooklyn

Happy Valentine's Day from Brooklyn!  [045/365]

KENSINGTON BROOKLYN , NY 2008

Victorian in Ditmas Park

Snow Storm, Brooklyn, 2010

Brooklyn 023

in brooklyn, 4 blocks from prospect park

2 comments:

KARMABrooklyn said...

Hi, Courtney. Welcome to Kensington!

I hope you'll read and enjoy the KARMA (Kensington Area Resident/Merchant Alliance) blog at http://karmabrooklyn.blogspot.com/.

Joy

Joy Rich
Member, Resident Advisory Board
Kensington Area Resident/Merchant Alliance (KARMABrooklyn)
http://www.karmabrooklyn.blogspot.com
karmabrooklyn@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi Joy!

Thank you! I can't wait to become an official resident! I've just added your blog to my reader - I'll peruse it this evening.

Thanks so much!!

Courtney