Friday, March 26, 2010

Motion Pictures are Beautiful

It never ceases to amaze me after watching a great film, just how beautiful the art of filmmaking is.

My handsome husband was recently out of town for work so I filled my evenings with taking advantage of the Netflix "Instant Watch" feature. I chose some movies that I knew he wouldn't be interested in and some that I'd been eager to see, but just missed seeing when they came through the theatres. I also came across some that I'd never heard of.  Overall, I had a really good run and found some that really stirred some feeling deep within my soul.

That being said, I'd like to make mention of a few of my favorite movies, to share the enjoyment with others.

Lost in Translation



The Graduate



The Rules of Attraction



Seems Like Old Times



500 Days of Summer



Catch Me if You Can



Stranger Than Fiction



Say Anything



What specifically inspired this post today was a short film by Spike Jonze that I watched this morning, upon the recommendation of a co-worker.  The film is called "I'm Here".  It's beautiful.  Take a watch - it's only available online and apparently (at this point) won't be coming to theatres or out on DVD, so take advantage of it while its available.

Watch the full length movie: I'm Here

0 comments: