Sunday, October 16, 2011

Design in My Home: House Tour, Part 4 - The Bathroom

We're now onto the bathroom in part 4 of the house tour.

I really like the bathroom - it's the first time in a while I've had a more modernized bathroom with regard to fixtures and tile, so I wanted to take advantage of that fact and use a more modern color scheme. The color the walls were painted were a bland dark tan, which just blended in with the tile and made the room look very dim and dirty.

Before:




To remedy the bland color on the walls and to give the room a more modern feel, we went with a dark, charcoal grey - Behr's Nature Retreat (430F-5). It made all of the features of the bathroom stand out and overall just cleaned up the entire appearance of the room. We are considering a new shower curtain, but since I still love our Lenox Chirp one from our previous apartment, which can be seen here in its former setting, I figured I'd stick with it till I found something I love more.

After:





Photograph of a traditional japanese tattoo by Jayme Thornton.

4 comments:

Ren Morrison Photography said...

Love it all! Especially the shower curtain!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ren!

Sarah Gonzalez said...

That shower curtain is definitely a keeper! Love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah! I do adore it. It's just so dang pretty!