Friday, August 12, 2011

Design in My Home: Colors in the New House

Well, the move to Atlanta from Brooklyn is complete. We've been here almost two weeks now and things are going swimmingly. We're settling in, getting familiar with our new neighborhood and catching up with old friends.

All of that aside, I've been asked numerous times now what my color palette is for the new house and I'm finally ready to share.

I must admit, in my home, I resist a lot of variety when it comes to my color palettes - I gravitate toward cooler colors, as does sweet hubs, which means we typically stay in the neutrals (mainly shades of grey or cooler browns), blues and greens. Guess what? We didn't stray from that here either.

In our last apartment, we went with more conservative, dusky colored blues and greens. You can see what I'm talking about here. This time, we felt since we were actually going to be in a house rather than an apartment, that we'd go a little more bold - instead of dusky, we went jewel toned.

Now, without further adieu, our color palette:


As you can see, I chose Behr colors - I also used Behr paint. I really do find them to have excellent quality paint with great coverage (No, I'm not paid to say that, I truly do just love their products.)

I'm not telling you where which colors are going or what they're doing - just soak up the color palette for a bit and relax. After I saw the colors we picked all together, I realized its almost a Palm Springs color palette. Good thing most of our furniture is modern and mid-century - they go hand in hand in the Palm Springs style.

Well, that's all you get for now. I'll have another "Design in My Home" update soon!

0 comments: