Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something New: Tips for NYC Tourists

Image courtesy of Nebras Ezine.

March is here, I'm late doing my monthly mix (as usual), and I've been a busy busy gal. The mix is coming, warm weather is starting to peek its head out, I took my first long Brooklyn walk of the year yesterday (almost 7 miles) and I don't see my life getting any less busy for the next several months.

And on that note, I'm going to do something new to add to my laundry list of things to do!

Since it's almost spring and sweet hubs and I already have several friends making plans to come visit us in NYC over the next few months, I figured it'd be appropriate to do a series of posts on "Tips for NYC Tourists".

This idea was spawned the other day while on my commute home from work - now first let me say this, I don't dislike tourists. I love showing off NYC and all the things it has to offer. What I don't love is that no one has enlightened those visiting NYC as to how to make their trip more enjoyable and as a bonus to that, making the "locals" lives a little less chaotic in the process.

The topics will include such things as, "How to Tour NYC Without Looking Like a Tourist", "Mastering the Subway", "Hidden Gems" and other topics in that same vein. (Any New Yorkers who have anything they'd like me to add, please feel free to shoot me an email.)

Now that my new mini-project has been announced, it's time for me to start writing!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea, Courtney!

Unknown said...

Why thank ya! I think it will be quite handy to those visiting NYC this spring and summer (and on and on and on). Haha.